ExxonMobil Machinery Engineer in Baytown, Texas
• Primary responsibilities will involve maintenance engineering support and reliability improvements for rotating equipment in a plant environment.
• Seeking experienced mechanical engineer to join an engineering organization in the Baytown, TX area
Job Role Responsibilities
• Work in a team environment with other engineering disciplines, operations and mechanical personnel
• Proactively seek reliability improvements directed at increasing plant equipment uptime
• Specify new rotating equipment to comply with industry and company design practices
• Ensuring safe, cost effective, operable rotating equipment and associated systems are provided and maintained to meet current business unit needs.
• Need to be responsive for changing plant needs and operations.
• Need to be available off normal working hours to serve as technical consultant – employee must have a personal or company provided cell phone
• Mentor younger engineers and provide technical training to mechanical and operations
• Provide quality control and design reviews of new projects that involve rotating equipment
• Periodically review rotating equipment thermodynamic and mechanical performance
• Provide assistance in the field during plant start up’s, shutdowns or upsets
• BS in Mechanical Engineering
• Experience with rotating equipment or engineering support roles in a plant
• Knowledge of industry standards for purchasing equipment as well as repair standards
• Refining / Chemical plant knowledge and operations knowledge a bonus
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and help the business units prioritize work items
• Ability to manage short deadlines and emergency situations
Preferred Knowledge/Skills/ Abilities
• Well-versed in Microsoft Office, data analysis, and strong analytical skills for plant troubleshooting.
• Communications skills required, both verbal and written
• Demonstrated work experience in a similar role
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.