ExxonMobil Azure Data Warehouse Engineer in Houston, Texas
Job Role Summary
The Upstream Unconventional Data teams deliver industry-leading business capabilities and computational sciences through proprietary, commercial-grade software. We are looking for passionate, self-starting team members who will challenge the status quo and always be willing to learn and contribute in new ways.
The Azure Data Warehouse Engineer position is located in Spring, TX and requires active collaboration with internal stakeholders and other engineers to deliver data solutions to ExxonMobil’s Unconventional business line. In this role, you will participate in work planning, requirements gathering, development, testing, deployment, and ongoing support of our data foundation.l participate in work planning, requirements gathering, development, testing, deployment, and ongoing support of our data foundation.
Primary Job Functions
• Collaborate with analytics teams, engineers and other data engineers to define, build, and deliver solutions to our most challenging data problems
• Architect, implement, deploy, and support data models and pipelines in an Azure environment
• Continue to learn and share industry best practices with team members
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited university in Computer Science/Data Science/Information Technology or related field of study
• Strong communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment with data engineers and domain experts
• Define dimensional models to support technical requirements
• Design and develop Data Marts by following Star Schema methodology using industry leading data modeling tools
• Acquire basic knowledge of how data gets ingested and consumed from the models
• Create ingestion pipelines to bring in data from on-prem and vendor data sources into Azure SQL Database / Azure Data Warehouse / Azure Synapse Analytics
• Create curated data models based on business domain principles that integrate data from multiple data sources
• Work closely with the data engineering team to integrate data from the Data Lake and Azure Data Explorer
• Work with business analytics teams to develop curated data sets to meet business analytics needs
• Support ETL pipelines and troubleshoot data quality issues
• Strong experience in Azure, Python & Spark
• Strong communication skills required to work between business and IT groups
• Intermediate/strong experience with SQL
• Intermediate experience with ETL processes
• Experience/Familiarity with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc)
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.