ExxonMobil Enterprise Architect for Global Projects/Upstream Business Development in Houston, Texas
Job Role Summary
ExxonMobil’s Global Projects and Upstream Business Development IT organization delivers consulting and technology support to ExxonMobil Global Projects Company and ExxonMobil Upstream Business Development and Integrated Solutions Company. We are looking for a passionate, self-starting individual who will leverage the strength of ExxonMobil’s Architecture Framework to help ensure our Companies achieve success. The Capability Architect position is located in Spring, TX and requires active collaboration with internal stakeholders across many of ExxonMobil’s companies and business lines and external stakeholders from consulting firms and software vendors. In this role, you will perform Enterprise Architecture activities aligned to The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF.)
Primary Job Functions
•Collaborate with business line and IT leaders for a specific business capability to develop and document business strategies from strategy to execution, leveraging TOGAF-based methods and deliverables that guide business models, people, process, organizational change, and investments toward achieving targeted business outcomes.
o Consult on creation of business vision, objectives, and priorities
o Develop and guide team to create/document value streams and business capability models, then perform health assessments to determine gaps.
o Consult on analysis of health gaps and strategic priorities to develop a response to achieve the strategy, including prioritization of initiatives and budgets.
o Facilitate activities to create a digital strategy to complement the business strategies, including transforming as-is architecture to a future-state architecture, prioritization of digitl initiatives, and roadmapping.
• Serve as the connection point between the ExxonMobil architecture teams (Business, Data, Applications, Technology) & business needs for your business capability area.
o Custodian and/or conduit for “Architecture Master Data” relevant to IT (e.g. Value Stream, Personas, Business Capabilities, Applications, Key Data)
• Share findings and recommendations to executives and stakeholders, along with reports showing the progress in implementing new strategies.
• Understand and evangelize Enterprise Architecture principles & mandates and key enterprise initiatives that impact your capability.
• Provide architecture guardrails and guidance to ongoing digital projects and initiatives to ensure their success, including ensuring compliance to ExxonMobil’s Enterprise Architecture principles & mandates.
• Endorse new technologies before purchase by ExxonMobil for your capability area; collaborate with procurement and IT security staff to perform necessary security screening and ensure contracts include language to protect ExxonMobil’s data and intellectual property.
• Participate in or Lead relevant industry committees.
• Create and own reference architectures relevant to your capability area.
• Provide technical leadership and mentorship for staff in your capability area.
• Support business and technology innovation; detail potential competitive digital opportunities & risks.
• Very strong communication skills and persuasion/influence skills.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, computer science, engineering (computer, electrical, mechanical, chemical), system analysis or a related STEM field from an accredited four-year university.
• Experience driving architectural transformation or other key roles in a large multinational company.
• Experience or training/certification in TOGAF or another enterprise architecture methodology/standard.
• Prior work experience in the oil and gas industry
• Experience in participating on industry councils and committees (such as IOGP or CII)
• Experience working on teams following Agile methodolgies
• Experience participating in the user centered design process
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.