ExxonMobil Labor Relations Specialist / Leader in Houston, Texas
Job Role Summary
Are you an experienced Labor Relations Professional? ExxonMobil is seeking labor relations leaders to join our dynamic team of global labor experts leading successful strategies, and guiding the thinking for one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy providers and chemical manufacturers.
You will be directly responsible for key negotiations in the US and will guide global negotiations across multiple geographies. As a partner to our local teams, you will also be responsible for ensuring that the strategies are translated into tangible actions and that the skills and expertise of your HR colleagues and business leaders in the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Africa/Middle are being continuously improved so that we deliver value every single day!
Equipped with deep experience in all aspects of labor relations, you will be engaging with Senior Business Leaders and HR colleagues across our global operations, developing long term labor strategies aligned to business plans which help drive competitive advantage through people. You will have the opportunity for continued growth throughout your career, progressing into more senior international labor responsibilities, or broadening into more Senior HR Business Partner and HR Manager roles focused on talent management / compensation, benefits & program design roles.
Job Role Responsibilities
At either a corporate or manufacturing environment you will:
• Lead development and execution of labor strategies including negotiations, contract interpretation, grievance management, and development of employee engagement / related strategies with non-unionized workforces
• Coach and guide other HR professionals in the execution of labor relations activities
• Influence senior business stakeholders and help drive our competitive advantage through the talent and ingenuity of our global workforce
Starting locations include Houston, Baytown, Baton Rouge, and Beaumont. You should be willing to relocate within the US.
Qualifications and Experience Required
• Experience in the development of labor strategies, direct engagement and negotiation of collective bargaining agreements with International and local union officials, and implementing significant workplace changes
• A background in oil and gas, steel, automotive, aviation, manufacturing or other significant unionized industry is essential
• 8+ years of HR experience, with collective bargaining experience and a majority of time spent in Labor Relations in a unionized work environment
• Proven track record of providing HR solutions based on analytical insights which drive business value
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree; preference for degree disciplines which demonstrate analytical capability
Alternate Location: Houston, Texas || United States : Baton Rouge, Louisiana || United States : Baytown, Texas || United States : Beaumont,Texas || United States : Billings, Montana || United States : Clinton, New Jersey || United States : Houston, Texas || United States : Joliet, Illinois || United States : Mont Belvieu, Texas || United States : Mt. Belvieu, Texas || United States : Paulsboro, New Jersey
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.