ExxonMobil Wells Materials Contract Manager in Spring, Texas
Job Role Summary
This role supports global Wells activities related to OCTG/Casing & Subsea Equipment. The Contracts Manager will have overall responsibility to ensure operational reliability, drive value, efficiency, and expand market advantage by executing and managing end-to-end acquisitions activities.
Job Role Responsibilities
• Develop and maintain a portfolio of agreements within the OCTG & Subsea Equipment category.
• Ensures operational integrity by acquisition management of bids, negotiations, optimal order execution, manufacturing tracking, expediting, delivery coordination, and surplus management.
• Process execution compliant with ExxonMobil controls requirements.
• Negotiates favorable terms and conditions in accordance to specific category guidance.
• Responsible for developing effective acquisition and inventory plans to mitigate risk while minimizing surplus inventory.
• Interface with stakeholders to understand business priorities and translate them into procurement plans; comprehends the industry/market conditions.
• Provides ad-hoc status reports and updates to
• Identify business value by rationalizing opportunities and continuous improvement within the assigned portfolio
• Ensure transactional efficiency of agreements by managing ERP systems.
• Effective cross-collaboration with business functions and relevant procurement categories to drive business results.
• Support Category procurement activities in global affiliates / regions as agreed with Procurement Manager
• Interact with suppliers and Wells team to understand demand forecast drivers
• Interface with suppliers, as needed to resolve issues, negotiate and track material availability.
• BS or Master’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Drilling, Petroleum), Business, Economics or Supply Chain
• A minimum of 3 years of commercial (Sales or Contracting) experience.
• A minimum of 5 years of OCTG or Subsea Equipment related experience.
• Strong analytical, leadership, negotiation and communication skills
• Strong business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint) and supply chain modeling skills.
• Adaptable to constant schedule changes and assumptions, new engineering needs, evolving conditions, and supply chain requirements
• Category / commodity expertise
• Experience in supporting or developing complex compensation structures (e.g. modifying time and material agreements to unit rate)
• Experience supporting upstream projects and/or activities
• Procurement / commercial functional expertise
• Understanding of client business and objectives
• Experience in/familiarity with OCTG & Subsea Equipment
• Leadership skills
• Supplier relationship management
• Communication skills
• Analytical skills / understanding of total system cost concept
• Effective negotiation, advocacy and influencing skills
• Knowledge of purchase to pay process including enterprise resource planning systems
• Project planning / execution skills
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or physical or mental disability.